Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hakuhodo G503 Blush Brush L Angled- REVIEW

As you may recall, my first foray into the world of Hakuhodo was a result of not being able find the now discontinued Chanel Pinceau Contours No. 5 (Euro version). I sought out this brush with unprecedented vigor, and even went so far as to have a friend go all over Paris trying to find one anywhere he could. To no avail we both came out empty-handed, and I was very sad as a result of our unfruitful search. I was so attracted to this brush because it was firm, yet soft, and perfectly suited to Chanel's baked Euro versions of their Joues Contraste blushes- which tend to be considerably harder than their US counterparts. These blushes are among my all time favorites, so this brush would have been the perfect accompaniment.

After reading so many incredible reviews about Hakuhodo brushes I decided to take a closer look at their complete range. When I stumbled across the G503 I was gleeful because it looked so close to the Pinceau Contours No. 5. Could it be that I had found a match??


The visual similarities alone had me very excited about the possibilities of a near match- so I decided to take the plunge and order it sight unseen. Let me just say, I am so happy that I did. This is one spectacularly amazing brush.

The G503 is a fantastic multitasking brush in that it has a rather flat and firm top edge making it amenable to digging into harder blush formulations (or less pigmented ones) so that one can lay down color with ease. This very feature also makes it the perfect tool for contouring. It also has a good sized flat paddle perfect for applying blush to the apples of the cheeks, or for applying a wash of highlighter. The firmness of the short tightly packed bristles does not lend itself to the use of very pigmented blushes that require a light-hand because the end result will be horrifyingly overdone.




This has become my Holy Grail blush brush both because of its quality and versatility. It should also be noted that it is as soft and luxurious against the skin as it is firm and effective. I just cannot say enough good things about this brush- it really was a fortuitous find.

Overall assessment: This is an amazing brush. I LOVE IT! Run, don't walk to your computer and order one before Hakuhodo institutes their January 1st price increase.

Would I still buy the Chanel Pinceau No. 5 given the chance? Well, yes because I have wanted it for so very long. That said, I am overjoyed by the G503 and no longer feel the need to try to track down the discontinued Chanel brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...