Saturday, January 7, 2012

Erno Laszlo Light Controlling Lotion- REVIEW

Erno Laszlo's Light Controlling Lotion is a facial toner made specifically for slightly dry to oily skin types.

Using a toner is a crucial part of the Laszlo cleansing ritual for the following reasons:

• It removes any trace residue from your facial cleanser
• It gently exfoliates the skin by loosening dead skin cells
• It balances pH so your facial moisturizer can be more effective
• It naturally binds moisture to your skin to keep it hydrated 

According to Erno Laszlo,
This Dr. Laszlo original facial toner removes oil and dull surface cells for fresh-faced results. Anti-inflammatory botanicals calm irritation and stimulate tissue repair.

I used Light Controlling Lotion for many years before I started experimenting with so many other skincare lines, but must confess that this is a very effective product.

After cleansing apply a small amount of Light Controlling Lotion to a cotton ball and sweep across face. This toner feels fantastically refreshing on warm clean skin, but for those with an aversion or sensitivity to alcohol laden products you can easily dilute this toner with water without losing its benefits. In fact, I often saturate my cotton ball with water first and then add the smallest amount of toner. I find that my skin feels cleaner when I tone, but I am not left with stripped dehydrated skin when I use this product. Those with drier skin will find this product too drying, but those with normal to oily skin will see the immediate benefits.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Parfum (Fragrance), Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Amylcinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool

Now that I have have a bottle of this in my stash, I can't imagine why I stopped using it before. I really like everything about it.

Overall assessment: F A B U L O U S toner for normal to combination skin.

$40.00 6.8 oz
$48.00 12 oz Limited Edition (released once a year).

2 comments:

  1. I have been using this Laszlo concept for 36 years. I am now 66 years old but my skin looks as if it was 50years old. Over the years I have swayed to use different creams but I always used the basic 5 products which are oil, soap, lotion,normalizer and powder.. I would never feel clean if I used anything else. This concept is the best. I love Laszlo products and shall use them till i die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mathilde! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love hearing this! Laszlo is the first luxury line that I ever used. My mom, sister and I all used it exclusively for many many years. I can just imagine how lovely your skin is! Laszlo skin is always recognizable to those that have used the line for years-- I still have my Sea Mud Soap, Light controlling Lotion, Phelityl Oil, and Phelityl Lotion. Do you use any of the newer Laszlo products?

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...