Sunday, January 29, 2012

NARS Spring 2012 Collection- Swatches of My Top Picks

Last night on my way out to dinner I decided to make a pit stop at Sephora to swatch a few things from the NARS Spring 2012 Collection. I opted not to swatch the whole collection, but instead I did hearty swatches of the colors that spoke to me the most.
Duo Eyeshadow in Paramaribo
This gorgeous Duo Eyeshadow in Paramaribo is described as Metallic Brass/ Metallic Bronze, and it is crazy beautiful, velvety smooth with super-saturated pigmentation. The NARS makeup artist at Barneys told me that this beautiful new shade is not, I repeat not limited edition. 
Top Swatch: Metallic Brass & Bottom Swatch: Metallic Bronze
Metallic Brass
Metallic Bronze
I seem to have a problem keeping the NARS Duo Eyeshadows on (and I do not have oily eyelids in the least bit)- don't get me wrong, I love the quality and pigmentation of them, but even with a heavy-duty primer they crease and fade on me. I am going to try Paramaribo on my eyes before committing to buying it. Fingers crossed that it doesn't fade or crease because it is a spectacular duo. $33.00
Shimmer Eyeshadow in Lhasa
Lhasa Shimmer Eyeshadow is described as a Lavender Grey, and it is stunning. It definitely leans cool, and one might say that it is on the fringes of a very cool greyed taupe. It is breathtaking.
Lhasa swatch
I have much better luck keeping the NARS Shimmer Eyeshadows on my eyelids, so I will likely cave and pick this one up. This is also now part of the permanent range. $23.00
Blush in Gaiety
Gaiety Blush is a gorgeous bright candy pink that is very pigmented and smooth. My swatch below is a bit uneven because my swatches were quite large and the only space I had left was the underside of my wrist. I think that this is a must-have blush for anyone with a penchant for clean cool pink blushes that are more matte. I was told that this is also now part of the permanent range. $27.00
Gaiety Blush. Light swatch on top and a very heavy swatch on bottom
Top: Gaiety Blush & Bottom Lhasa Shimmer Eye Shadow

I also swatched Gaiety & Lhasa together to illustrate just how cool-leaning both colors are.

Overall assessment: This is a beautiful collection, and it is well worth having a look to see if these colors work for you. There is no question that they are all finely milled high quality products, and the colors are just to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...