Friday, January 20, 2012

Sunday Riley Crème Radiance Breathable Ageless Foundation Review


Sunday Riley's Crème Radiance Breathable Ageless Foundation is one of two foundations from her new range of makeup (this one is a cream foundation while the other one, Liquid Light Breathable Perfecting Foundation, is a lighter liquid foundation). 

Crème Radiance has the consistency of a cream, but it is surprisingly lightweight on the skin and in the jar.  I was a little nervous to try Crème Radiance because I have normal to combination skin, and this foundation is a full coverage cream foundation for normal to dry skin types. As a tinted-moisturizer kind of girl, I was first concerned about a full coverage foundation, but also feared that the formulation might be too rich and would cause me to breakout. Well, not only did Crème Radiance feel like a tinted moisturizer on my skin (with a fantastic full-coverage natural finish), but it also did not make me breakout at all! This foundation gives that highly sought after "second skin" coverage-- which is a must for me- I hate nothing more than looking as though I am wearing a foundation. It neither feels heavy, nor does it ever become flaky, greasy, or uncomfortable. It also does not settle into fine lines as many foundations do. It also remained true to color without oxidizing. For my skin, this is the perfect foundation during the cooler months when I need a bit more moisture. However, during the warmer months I will either use Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer (reviewed here) or Liquid Light Breathable Perfecting Foundation (which I plan to buy when it warms up, and will review once I have used it for a while) because Crème Radiance will be too moisturizing for me during the spring and summer.

This foundation was formulated as a hydrating anti-aging full coverage cream foundation that has anti-inflammatory and radiance-boosting ingredients that nourish and protect the skin. The probiotics used fight inflammation, fight bad bacteria, and generally help promote skin health.

According to Sunday Riley the important Key Ingredients are:
-Tonka Bean + Probiotics: these ingredients were chosen for their ability to restore pH balance and to reduce inflammation. This combination is also a natural radiance booster.
-Magnolia Bark Extract: this is a powerful anti-oxidant that also reduces redness, and is an anti-inflammatory.
-Squalene: provides lightweight penetrating moisture. It also works as an antioxidant to help prevent UV damage and the formation of age spots (but this should not be used in lieu of a good sunscreen).
-Teprenone: extends cell lifespan by 1/3 (which means that it slows down the aging process), but it also calms redness, reduces pore size, and minimizes the appearance of fine lines.
-BioPeptides: boosts collagen production and is packed with antioxidants.
-Hyaluronic Acid: promotes collagen formation which allows the skin to stay supple and prevents wrinkle formation.

It is also Paraben Free.

For help in determining which Sunday Riley foundation shade is right for you refer to this chart:

COOL SKIN TONES
Light Skin Tones use 100 C to 110 C
Medium Skin Tones use 120 C to 130 C
Deep Skin Tones use 140 C to 150 C

WARM SKIN TONES
Light Skin Tones use 100 W to 110 W
Medium Skin Tones use 120 W to 130 W
Deep Skin Tones use 140 W to 150 W

Click here for a breakdown on how to choose the right shade for all of Sunday Riley's finishing products (Primer, concealer, loose powder & pressed powder).

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sunflower Seed Oil, Squalane, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Beeswax. Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propyl Paraben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Teprenone, Bergamot Extract, Lactobacillus/Dipteryx Odorata Seed Ferment Filtrate, Glyceryl Poly Methyl Acrylate.

Overall assessment: This is a lovely foundation, that is surprisingly light, and it offers a beautiful natural finish. This is very high quality and worth every penny! This is a foundation that I will only be able to use seasonally because I have normal/combination skin. However, this would be a perfect all-season foundation for people with normal to dry skin types.

Available in 12 shades. I got one of the lighter shades (120W).

I bought mine at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills for $58.00.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great foundation with lots of skin care benefits. I need to check it out at my local Barneys. Very informative review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rola, I'm glad that you found my review helpful. This is a really lovely foundation, and it does have lots of skincare benefits. I really like how creamy and lightweight it is on the skin. Like I said in the review, I tend to be a tinted moisturizer kind of girl, and I prefer my skin to look like skin- rather than makeup- so this foundation was a very pleasant surprise for me. Have fun- let me know what you after you visit your Sunday Riley Counter. I use her skincare line and makeup and have reviewed lots of her products- so you might want to check out some of my other reviews before hitting the counter, if you aren't familiar with some of her other hidden treasures!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...