Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bonne Bell Lip Smacker in Strawberry- A Blast from the Past!!

The other day when I was in CVS I had a flash back to high school and wearing Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. Strawberry was always my absolute favorite flavor back then-- so I decided to see if they had any in stock, and they did!! So how could I resist. I had hoped that they would have the giant tubes from back in the day, but they only had the small ones. I used to carry these in my backpack and in my pocket, and I never went anywhere without at least a few flavors on me.

So as soon as I got in the car I ripped open the package and put on the Strawberry Lip Smacker- part of me felt a little juvenile, but who cares!!!!!! Let me just say that I had an immediate visceral reaction to the oh so familiar taste and smell! It was so unbelievably nostalgic, and a flood of memories came pouring back to me in the most pleasant way.

I was pretty much immediately smitten with the formula as well! I was very surprised by how moisturizing the formula is, and how comfortable it is to wear! It has the perfect amount of slip- feels silky smooth on, and gives just enough sheen to look more like a gloss than a balm. What started out as a simple blast from the past is now back on my radar, back in my purse, and back in my heart!

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetyl Acetate, Euphoria Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Flavor/Aroma, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral (Paraffinum Liquidum) Oil, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Paraffin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, (Except Strawberry, Bubblegum, Wild Raspberry) Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid May Contain Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200).

Overall assessment: LOVE! I have to get my hands on the Watermelon Lip Smacker next!

$2.29 at CVS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...