Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday Riley Modern Lip Color: Overview & Swatches of Every Shade Part I

This is a 3-Part Series featuring all of the Sunday Riley Modern Lip Color Lipsticks.
See Part II here
See Part III here
Click here for a comprehensive overview & reviews of Sunday Riley skincare & makeup!
 
Sunday Riley Modern Lip Color features richly pigmented lipsticks that were created to hydrate and protect the lips.  These are creamy, one -swipe, full coverage lipsticks that wear for 4 hours. Each lipstick is housed in a gorgeous and luxurious gold case that is manufactured by the same people who make the lipstick cases for Tom Ford. This is lipstick luxury incarnate!

Key Points according to Sunday Riley:
1) This formula was created as the next generation of lip color. The formula has anti-aging and collagen building properties that help to repair and prevent the aging of the lips.

2) This formula is filled with Stable Vitamin C that was specifically chosen because it helps maintain youthful lip volume - while fighting lines. Vitamin C bolsters collagen levels to maintain youthful plumpness. Vitamin C also helps to reduce melanin production, brightens the skin, and repairs the effects of UV  damage as well as helping to fend off other types of environmental damage.

3) Proprietary "signature" technology is implemented in the making of this product. "Advanced color molecules activate when applied to the lips- offering long lasting highly vibrant 4 hour wear." This is achieved by attaching high impact pigments to soothing base molecules which results in long lasting fade proof wear.

4) Non-stop hydration and conditioning with 10% Shea Butter. This keeps lips soft and smooth.

Ingredients:
Available in 30 Shades available in a variety of textures: Sheers, Satins, Mattes, and Shimmers. The swatches are very true to color- the stock photos aren't always close approximations of the actual colors. It is also important to note that the swatches are heavily applied to white paper in order to be as true to color as possible.
French Nude: A light warm-leaning beige shade that is quite sheer, but buildable.
Trenchcoat: A deeper warm-leaning caramel nude.

Bare Honey: A deeper warm nude color with a touch of reddened brown.
Chameleon: A dark warm brown. It's a little scary in the tube because it is so dark, but it is lovely on the lips, but it's modern and gorgeous (not brown lipstick from the 1990s!).



Mona Lisa: A light warm golden peachy apricot shade.
Coral Reef: A warm and vibrant orange peach. The swatch is more accurate than this stock picture.
Havana Heyday: A gorgeous reddened orange.
Sunday: This is Sunday Riley's Signature lipstick- the one that she reaches for herself! Sunday is a bright warm coral with richness and complexity. How many of us get to create our very own signature lipstick?!
Persuasive: A bright blue-based red with a kiss of crimson. STUNNING!
Overall assessment: Fantastic lipsticks!
$32.00 available at Barneys New York
Stock photos from Dermstore.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how big that list can get!!! Mona Lisa really is a lovely shade- just not one that I can wear. It is a yellow-based light golden peachy apricot. It's the perfect warm kiss of color for the season.

      Delete
  2. NOOOOooooooooooooo.... stop tempting me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Adelle- I know, I'm sorry. Trust me I spent all day long at Barneys and the more I played the more I wanted. Plus I was thoroughly pampered between my facial, my makeover and my colossal swatch fest! While I was editing all of my pictures I started making my list of "wants." So much temptation!!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting all these lovely swatches :) Will you be posting swatches of her glosses anytime soon? I know some are way more sheer than others, but the texture & feel of these are suppose to be incredible. I'm debating to purchase beach front or pink lemonade, any suggestions? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      You are very very welcome. I have been contemplating the lip glosses, but they are all pretty sheer. The sheer ones are super sheer and the less sheer ones are still on the sheer side. Essentially to swatch them properly you have to pile it on very very thick to get it to appear the same color as in the tube. While that is all well and fine- that's not the way it will look on your lips since you would likely only apply one pass or two-- which is not going to give you much color. Don't get me wrong I LOVE these glosses soooooooo much- they impart a beautiful glossy sheen with some sparkleI They are like an amazing treatment product- like Juno Oil for your lips- I always carry one with me. It is like a balm and lip gloss hybrid. They are lovely alone and lovely over a lipstick. I have Beach Front & Sangria- see my review links below. Beach Front is a lovely barely there warm peach shade-- on my lips which are not terribly pigmented it just reads as a beautiful shine and not much color. Pink Lemonade is a really pretty light pink shimmer. You can't go wrong with either one, but if you are expecting more opacity in a gloss you may be a little disappointed in that aspect of the glosses. I love them a great deal!!

      Sangria review:

      http://lolassecretbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/sunday-riley-creme-gloss-sheer-impact.html

      Beach Front review:

      http://lolassecretbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-riley-creme-gloss-sheer-impact.html

      Delete
    2. If you find that it would be helpful to you to see swatches-- I will plan on swatching all of them on my next trip to Barneys-- just let me know!

      Delete
    3. If you could, that be great! If not, I understand :) Thank you for posting the links to the ones you have. I don't mind sheer glosses, but was curious to see if some have more shimmer or not, or see if they even provide a subtle hint of color if I were to layer it over a lipstick. I like the sound of it being like a treatment & that it's not sticky is a big plus for me. Thanks again, Naomi

      Delete
    4. Hi Naomi,
      I will make a point of it the next time I go to Barneys-- it might be a little while, but I will definitely do it for you! They definitely aren't at all sticky! I think that you will like them!

      Delete
    5. Hi Naomi,
      Per your request I did this lip gloss post, and I will update it and add the remaining swatches as soon as I get a moment to run over to Barneys. You can click to enlarge the display image to see the glosses close up. Be aware that there are many many duplicate shades in the display so as not to leave empty spots. Right now it appears that they only stock 9 shades- leaving 7 for me to swatch. I hope that you find this helpful!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...