Sunday, May 27, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Forever Yours...Long-Lasting Lip Pencil in Vasco- Swatches & Review

After looking at the six enchanting Rouge Bunny Rouge Forever Yours...Long-Lasting Lip Pencils, I decided to order Vasco sight unseen. It is described as "Cherry blossom powder pink" and Rouge Bunny Rouge suggests that it works best for those who have lighter skin types. It is a beautiful pale pink that has a magical story that further shrouds it in the quintessential Rouge Bunny Rouge mystery.

Once upon a time, a shrouded scroll with a magnificent navigation map, traced by whimsical lines, was found in the Enchanted Garden. Overwhelmed by its beauty, we captured the essence and softness of its everlasting magical colours in 'Forever Yours...' lip pencils.

Their soft heart glides on as smoothly as a ship on the calmest of seas, to keep your lips supremely in view. You'll treasure the incomparable staying power, allowing you fearlessly explore your thirst for new things - knowing that you look impeccable.

Drink and be merry, kiss and be cherished. It's so wear-resistant it's almost as unstoppable as you. Go ahead and write your own navigation chart, you'll be safely on course to sail off with whatever treasures you desire.

According to Rouge Bunny Rouge, "Advanced technology in this longwearing pencil delivers a formula with an instant release of intense colour, smooth glide-on and a precise application. The synergic action of gellified systems, special polymers and waxes provides a most comfortable and semi-permanent colour. Once dry, the colour will last the whole day and is waterproof too! These incredibly indelible lip pencils have been matched to your lips (as we all know, we match liners to the lips, not the lipsticks)." This formula is available in six "nude tones (depending on your lip colour) that can be used either to define the lip shape, or act as an all-day base for any lipstick or lip gloss."
I really like this lip liner formula a great deal- it is soft and creamy and offers superb coverage. Vasco is most definitely a very pale pink when applied in a normal manner. In fact when I swatched it on my arm it nearly disappeared despite having been a fairly heavy swatch. I took more than 30 photographs in every type of lighting imaginable, and I finally opted to swatch it on white paper so that there was a far higher degree of contrast. 
All three of the swatches on white paper were taken outside in the mid-day sun. 

Prior to swatching Vasco, I had my very first Rouge Bunny Rouge mishap which, thanks to the lovely people at Beautyhabit, was immediately rectified. The first Vasco lip pencil that I received broke the second I tried to use it. Thinking it was a fluke, I sharpened it and tried again, and once again the tip broke off immediately. 
The following day I received another Vasco lip pencil that was perfect, and after swatching it I had a thought.... It occurred to me that I should dig one of the broken tips out of the trash can in order to try to swatch it very very heavily on my arm- the likes of which I was otherwise unable to achieve through normal use. I literally smeared the entire broken tip over two spots on my arm, and what you see below is the result. Under normal circumstances I would never have swatched it this heavily, but I think that is instructive because it shows that once it is built-up the color becomes a dusty rose. Of course the color results from normal use will differ significantly.
I find this lip pencil to be very long-wearing and very comfortable. It applies smoothly and evenly- never skipping or appearing patchy. The color itself is a lovely pale pink that will definitely work well on paler skin or less pigmented lips. If you are hopelessly devoted to a light pink or nude lip- this lip pencil was definitely made with you in mind.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Paraffin, Polybutene, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol. (+/-): CI 15850, CI 45380, CI 77891, Mica, CI 77491, CI 45410, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 19140, CI 75470, CI 15985, CI 16035, CI 42090, CI 73360, CI 77163, CI 77742, CI 77947

Overall assessment: I love this lip liner formula. It is extremely comfortable and long wearing, and really doesn't budge once applied. I also find the color positively enchanting!

Available at Zuneta and Beautyhabit

2 comments:

  1. I need this! I haven't been into lip liners in a while, but this looks like the perfect color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that you should say that-- I no longer have that many lip liners because I so seldom use them, but I am loving this one and actually using it a lot. The color is so easy to wear, and it's so flattering on. I also really like the creamy consistency, but once on it really doesn't budge. I'm really happy with it!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...