Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss in Fleur Parfait- Review & Swatches


According to Rouge Bunny Rouge the Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss line of lip glosses "is an exceptionally tempting interpretation of the ambrosial table of sweets in the Enchanted Garden. Naughty, but oh-so-nice! Think of lusciously ripe fruit dipped in the shiniest of honeys. Your lips will be optically plumped to a mouth-watering fullness and a lavish dream-star shine. Irresistible. Like a scrumptious dessert that cheers you to the bones just by inhaling it, these glassy glosses radiate spicy sweetness and utter intoxicating decadence. All of these candy drops of colour are heaped with exotic ingredients, and some abound with minute pearlised particles to sparkle your lips with glittering bejeweled effects. People will gaze at you with shiny-eyed infatuation, longing that you will possibly get...a...little...bit...closer."

This formula boasts an "ultra glossy finish with soothing and protective blend of Paper Birch extract and Woodland Figwort speaks of the wild freshness, naturally. Anti-oxidant and anti aging, our formula also contains Cotton Tree Fruit extract to hydrate and revitalize."
Of the six available shades, I chose in Fleur Parfait which is described as a "cushiony-soft semi-opaque mauve pink, with subtle silver highlights." I think that their description is an apt one, however mere words can hardly capture the magnificence of this gorgeous cool-toned mauve pink. This is one of the most beautiful pinkish mauvish colors that I have in my sizable lip gloss stash, and it has quickly become one of my all-time favorites. I'm even tempted to buy a second one just so that I have one with me at all times!
Indoor Lighting
Outdoor Lighting Direct Sun

This is an unbelievably comfortable gloss with a lovely bit of cushion that makes it feel fantastic on the lips. It is also a moisturizing lip gloss that is as fantastic to wear as it is gorgeous to look at. I can find absolutely nothing to criticize about the formula, the wear-time, or the beauty of this gloss. It is neither too sticky, nor too thin- in fact, the consistency has found the perfect balance between the two. I find that with normal use (drinking, light eating minus a vinegar-based salad dressing etc, and normal talking) gives me about 4 hours of wear-time, but more if I'm just having coffee or water. It is less tacky and thick than MAC lipglasses; and it's about the same thickness, but a touch less tacky than Chanel Glossimers.

Ingredients: PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, MICA, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, CALCIUM ALUMINIUM BOROSILICATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, PENTAERITHRITYL TETRA-DI-t-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, HYDROLYZED PEARL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, PARFUM, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM EXTRACT, BETULA ALBA BARK EXTRACT, SCROPHULARIA NODOSA EXTRACT, TIN OXIDE, LINALOOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, CITRONELLOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, AMYL CINNAMAL. (+/-) CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 75470, CI 15850, CI 45380, CI 45410, CI 73360, CI 42090, CI 19140, CI 15985

Overall assessment: FABULOUS lip gloss that is as fantastic as Chanel Glossimers!

Available at Zuneta & Beautyhabit
All photos mine except the stock image on top is from Beautyhabit.

22 comments:

  1. Oh heavens! Something else added to "the list". EEK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to tell you this, but right now this is my very favorite pink lip gloss!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Lola, you mentioned you were satisfied with the wear time. How long do you think it lasted, given the usual stuff - drinking, eating, talking, etc.? Loving the color. I need a long-lasting lip color tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Makeup Artist in California! I got about 4 hours wear time when I was doing normal things like talking, eating and drinking. I definitely got more time out of it if I wasn't doing any of those things. I also found that I was able to increase the wear-time with a lipliner (I tested it with the RBR lip liner that I got at the same time:

      http://lolassecretbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/rouge-bunny-rouge-forever-yourslong.html

      It is thick enough that you definitely feel it on your lips, but it's not too tacky- so it is comfortable to wear. The color is gorgeous!! I hope that helps you decide whether it is right for you! Let me know if you still have questions! :-)

      Delete
  3. Could you tell me how the texture/tackiness compares to say the Chanel Glossimers or MAC lip glass? Or buxom glosses? I'm afraid I adore the feeling of thick gloss on my lips (because I love knowing the gloss is still on there, just by touching my lips together) and am wondering if this is thick enough? I've never had anything Bunny Rouge and I love trying new brands! PS I just bought Sunday Riley's Bionic and Dr. Hauschka's Rose Body Oil last night. Eeee!! More SR to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cherrylime,

      It is less tacky and thick than MAC lipglasses; and it's about the same thickness, but a touch less tacky than Chanel Glossimers. It is definitely thick enough that I am aware that it is on my lips, and if the wind was blowing and my hair was down- there would definitely be some hair stuck to my lips!! If you need the stick factor of MAC lipglass this won't have that much tackiness.

      Are you loving the Hauschka Rose Body Oil, and the SR Bionic?? I'd love to hear what you think about both of them!!!I'm so excited for you!!

      Be forewarned- if you take a leap down the Rouge Bunny Rouge rabbit hole you will very likely be adding a new luxury brand to your must-have list. I resisted it for a long time, but when I finally decided to take the plunge I lost a good bit of self-control. So much so, in fact, that I have recently forced myself into a "cooling-off period" before filling up my shopping cart!! :-)

      Delete
    2. The Rose Body Oil and the SR Bionic will arrive tomorrow!! So pumped. And I got a membership to BeautyFix, so we'll see if that's a good investment too.

      I think I need to wait a month or two before I pick up the Rouge Bunny Rouge obsession... How about I spend a month deciding which products I'll purchase and which are best suited for me :)

      PS I wish there was a way that it would alert me when you respond... I had to come checking back and it makes me feel stalkerish! :\

      Delete
    3. Hi cherrylime,

      I'm so excited for you-- I always get so excited when I'm expecting a package like that!! I hope you really love your great picks!!

      I think that waiting and thinking your way through which Rouge Bunny Rouge items that you want to get is a really good idea. Like I said-- I have forced myself into abiding by a "cooling-off period" before making purchases-- especially when they are online only like with my two favorites: Hakuhodo and RBR-- it is all too easy to go crazy and get way more than one needs.

      I certainly don't mind if you stalk my blog :-) however there is a way to be alerted when I respond to your comments. Right below and to the right of the text box where you write your comments it says "Subscribe by email" you just click on that after you write your comment and it will automatically email you to alert you that I have responded! It makes it easy breezy so that you don't have to keep checking back!

      Delete
  4. this looks beautiful! I've always loved MAC lip glasses, but yes they are too sticky! May have to put this on my wish/buy list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a GORGEOUS lip gloss. Definitely not as sticky as MAC Lipglasses! I used to really dislike how sticky MAC lipglasses, but I actually really like them now-- though they are definitely not my first pick on windy days when I wear my hair down. :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, the gloss looks gorgeous. I was amazed how it took them so long to apply the gloss in the video. They were so precise... I just slather it on in 2 seconds - haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is pretty sensational!! I KNOW- that really took a very long time to apply lip gloss! most of the time I don't even use a mirror, and it takes me no time at all!!!

      Delete
  6. I don't mind stickiness and that colour looks like a perfect every day shade for me. My office seems to have the power to dry my lips out no matter what, so this would be a useful thing to have around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect that you would like this lip gloss then, Kate. It's not too sticky, and it is such a lovely shade of mauve/pink! Of course the RBR price point is definitely in the luxury range, but then the quality warrants the price. This is a gloss that I will surely replace once I finish it! Let me know if you end up getting it, and what you think about it if you do!!

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous shade. I'm loving your blog!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award!
    http://vanityandvodka.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-award.html
    :-)
    xoxo,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen! Wow, I'm tremendously honored!!! Thank you so much for even noticing my blog- let alone dominating me!! I will think about who I will nominate and then will post mine and link back to you!

      This RBR shade is gorgeous!!

      Thanks again!! BTW- your blog is awesome!

      xoxo, Lola

      Delete
  8. Stunning..and there I was thinking I didn't need another lip gloss, oh how wrong I was :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Replica!! It is my very favorite gloss, at least for the moment!! I must put the breaks on my lip product spending!! I started to organize my stash today, and came to the shocking realization that I have a good sized pile of lip glosses and lipsticks that I haven't even worn yet!!! :-) This one, however, is a definite winner all the way around! xo

      Delete
  9. What an absolutely gorgeous color! And I thought I was done with RBR for the time being. How DARE they tempt me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and now that they have come out with 5 more shades.... I think that there is an RBR conspiracy to make beauty bloggers go completely broke!!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! It's a ridiculously gorgeous shade!! Thanks for stopping by. BTW- I love both of your blogs!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...