Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Suki Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel- Review

Source
One of my readers sent me an email asking me if I could recommend a good fruit peel type of mask that was more natural than so many on the market. She had been using REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (which I love and reviewed here), but found that she wanted to try something different when she finished up her tube. While she loved the REN mask, she wanted something that could do the same thing, but that dried on your skin- rather than remaining tacky and looking as though you spread orange marmalade all over your face. I love REN's mask, but I also love the Suki Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel, and I have been using it for the last 4-5 years- so this review is long overdue!

Suki Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel is a highly active fruit enzyme type of facial peel that effectively exfoliates dead skin,  therefore treating "dullness, lines, blemishes and uneven texture and tone."

What it's used for: Reveal a smoother, more refined complexion with Renewal Bio Resurfacing Facial Peel. 3% cranberry glycolic acid and 5% stabilized vitamin C polypeptide treats dullness and wrinkles by exfoliating, boosting collagen production and enhancing clarity. Clogged pores, toxic buildup, blemishes and inflammation are addressed with 6% apple and pumpkin enzymes with 15% white willow bark salicylic acid.

This powerhouse peel effectively exfoliates damaged cells, decongests clogged pores, helps reduce the appearance of blemishes by removing dead skin cells and drawing out the impurities, and "evens skin tone, boosts collagen synthesis, soothes inflammation."

This product was made to be ideal for all skin types, but should be avoided by people extremely sensitive skin including those with rosacea. It also SHOULD NOT be used on the delicate eye & lip areas.

How I use it: I use this peel about once a week, and I apply it to freshly cleansed skin that is still warm. I apply an even layer all over my face and décolletage, and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Suki recommends that it should be left on 10-20 minutes depending on your level of sensitivity and then to remove it with water or a moist wash cloth. It does tingle quite a bit upon application, but I would definitely recommend starting out slowly and not leaving it on for an excessive period of time. It might be a good idea to do a test run on a small area to see whether or not you can tolerate it. Since I have been using it for so many years now, I have built up a tolerance to leaving it on for a longer period of time. In fact when I use it as a spot treatment on pimples I actually leave it on overnight. Again, I would not recommend doing this when you first start out, at least not until you know that your skin can handle such an active peel.

My results (and yours may differ): After I remove this peel I immediately notice that my skin is a bit pink and flushed, but that subsides within a few minutes for me. What is startling is just how smooth, glowing and soft my skin is immediately after use. It also draws out whiteheads, blackheads and pimples with great efficacy, and those that are more stubborn are easier to remove (done properly, of course). My skin is radiant for days after I use this, and I notice that all of my treatment products apply and absorb much more effectively (and I can use less product as a result).

The Key Ingredients: cranberry glycolic alpha hydroxy acid, refined botanical enzyme complex, stabilized 5% vitamin c polypeptide & salicylic acid standardized for 15% potency from white willow bark.

Ingredients: water (aqua), alcohol, carica papaya (papain) extract, malus domestica/pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, vaccinium (bilberry), cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed extract, salix alba (willow) bark extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel powder, xanthan gum, lavendula angustifolia (lavender) oil, macrocarpon (cranberry) extract, citric acid, garcinia mangostana (mangosteen) extract, punica granatum (pomegranate) powder extract, citrus aurantifolia dulcis (orange) peel extract, cholesterol, hydrogenated phosphatidylcholine, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, rosa canina (rosehip) fruit extract, glycerin (vegetable), *aroma/fragrance, limonene, linalool (*component of 100% pure essential oils).

This product is vegan.

Overall assessment:  This is a really lovely natural peel that is very effective. I have used it for years and will continue to because it really works well for my normal/combination skin. However, people with sensitive/very sensitive skin should be cautioned that this will likely be far too strong and active for your delicate skin.

$82.95 1 oz. from Suki and Dermstore

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I need! I am just hoping it won't irritate my skin, it usually copes ok with chemical peelings such as 10% AHA but doesn't like manual scrubs. I shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mafi- I really love this peel. You should try to get a sample before committing to the purchase. You can check out this link on the Suki website to find out where you can find it in your area- I'm betting you can track down a sample first.

      http://sukiskincare.com/pages/store+locator

      If you try it I would love to know what you think of it!!

      Delete
    2. GI I guess :) I will let you know.

      Delete
    3. I'm also quite fond of the REN Glycolactic peel-- the review link is found above. You can always get a generous sample of that from Sephora before committing to the purchase. Like you, I am always concerned about such things irritating my skin-- many manual scrubs also wreak havoc on my skin- so I tend to have a very conservative approach, and I always try to get samples of things that I am concerned may cause me problems. Better than having a reaction and having to return it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing face feel and something I should try! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss L, It's a really lovely peel! If you try it- let me know what you think about it!

      Delete
  3. I always like to try new facial peels.This looks promising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this one FabKath! It is surprisingly concentrated too- it takes me quite a while to get through a bottle (which is a good thing since it's pretty expensive).

      Delete
  4. Hurrah, that's what I was searching for, what information present here at this website, thanks admin of this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.Too cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...