Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Korres Lip Butters in Pomegranate & Wild Rose- Review & Swatches


As I mentioned in my review of the Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine, I am very fond of the Korres Lip Butter formula, and I imagine that I will always have a couple of them in my stash. This formula is a rich smooth lip balm that is moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. Described as, "A rich, buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish," and that has the perfect amount of slip and cushion. 
According to Korres, "This rich butter leaves lips deeply moisturized, supple, and kissably soft. Korres Lip Butters are formulated with natural oils and extracts to soothe and condition lips. Shea butter and rice wax provide lasting hydration and softness. This shiny, juicy pop of color comes in an array of "flavors" and is ideal for dry lips." 

I find that the Korres Lip Butters deeply moisturize my lips and leave them soft and smooth. I love tinted lip balms as an alternative to those that lack pigmentation- because it is nice to have a wash of color while treating chapped lips. Korres Lip Butters impart a bit of shine, but not the level of shine that one expects from an actual lip gloss.
Left to Right: Pomegranate (sheer coral), Wild Rose (sheer deep red), and Jasmine (sheer neutral pink) (reviewed here). Pomegranate and Wild Rose are actually quite pigmented with buildable coverage. Jasmine, on the other hand, is quite light and sheer.
Key Features:
-Natural Oils and Extracts: Soothe and condition lips.
-Shea Butter and Rice Wax: Provide lasting hydration and softness.

This formula does not contain the following ingredients: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs, or Triclosan.

Pomegranate Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Punica Granatum Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7 Lake, Red 6, Iron Oxides.

Wild Rose Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Red 7 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

Overall assessment: I love Korres Lip Butters! Jasmine is still my favorite, and for some reason it seems to be a bit more moisturizing than Pomegranate and Wild Rose, but that could just be my imagination.

0.21 oz $12.00 each at Sephora
Stock photos from Sephora.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, isn't it gorgeous?!! Thanks for stopping by, Bambi!!!!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to try these for so long! Great review!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittney! They are well worth trying! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. *_* I'm a tinted lip balm addicted!
    I'll put Pomegranate in my(long)wish list... done!
    Does each one have a particular flavour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! They all do smell a bit different, but what's odd is the fact that they don't smell like their names might indicate-- at least not to my nose!

      Delete
  4. Pretty! I have Plum and i haven't used it in ages! I'll definitely have to :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and interacting with you- so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, and to ask questions. Remember that what you have to say is of interest to all of us! Always feel free to email me directly as well. SPAM and advertising links will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...